The Kleiner Perkins internet trend report for 2018 just got released. And just as last year we decided to bring you a recap of the chapters involving China’s Internet Trends in 2018.
Highlights regarding Chinese Internet Trends 2018 include:
- China’s mobile payments volume increase by 209% towards $16 trillion in 2017.
- China has global highest percent of e-commerce as entire retail sales revenue.
- China accounts for 68% of the entire global on-demand transport market and rising.
- Online promotion revenues raised in China by 29% year on year.
- Live-streaming accounts for the highest revenue per hour in China (over Online Games)
- Accounts for online video platform content exceeded those of Chinese TV-networks
- A wide selection of Digital Grocery Stores are opening in China (Lead by Alibaba).
- Chinese Retail using technology to analyze consumers (traffic heat map, RFID shoes, 3D foot scan)
- Douyin (International: Tik-Tok) experienced 78x year on year growth in daily users.