[An updated version for 2018 is available here]
Just a few hours ago at the Code Conference at the Terranea Resort in California Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers partner Mary Meeker delivered her annual rapid-fire internet trends report. For mobile use, we recommend using the readability mode while browsing this post.
Highlights regarding Chinese Internet Trends 2017 include:
- Chinese mobile internet users grew 12% last year.
- Mobile internet usage grew 30%.
- Internet in China is now 55% of all time spent on media, significantly above the TV.
- China’s service sector now accounts for over half (52%) the economy.
- China is now number 1 interactive game market globally beating the US.
- China accounts for 67% of ALL global on-demand transportation.
- Bike sharing users now 20 million with 100%+ monthly growth rate.
- China mobile payment volume in 2016 reached over $5 trillion (x2 last year).
- China B2C e-commerce is now 15% of all retail sales and growing fast.
- China online advertising revenue is now a $40 billion market.
- China e-commerce is now 71% mobile commerce.
Volo is a full-service digital agency founded in China by Swedish and Canadian tech and design specialists. Together we help build, launch and grow businesses and brands together with clients all over the globe. Volo’s mission is to help business operating inside and outside China keep their digital footprint up-to-date.